Thread: What a MESS!
View Single Post
Old 01-27-2008, 02:39 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Concerned4Bud

Well,...I can assure you "WANTS OUT" that YES the laws are totally slanted in favor of the woman when it comes to divorce! I quite frankly don't give a hoot what political swing anyone hangs with,..all I know is the law should favor what and who is right..... man or woman! There are indeed some real scum bag men out there and many who have deserved any punishment handed to them, but that still doesn't justify what is going on here with divorce court and family law. To say that it makes up for the years of woman being on the unfair side of the law is..... well,....nothing short of ignorant. For me to say that there are no other biases in the courts that favor men or woman too is ignorant as well. I know it exists.

I don't think I need to do some work on myself because I care for a friend. My God,..what has this world come to when a guy cannot care for an old friend? I do not spend every waking moment wondering or pondering his next move in this situation, nor do I assume or pretend to know his "day to day" emotions and dealings with his wife. I have done my homework though and understand that this alcoholism is really rotten. It can change a person into a really evil person as it has in her case.

Now,...you all are correct in telling me to back off a bit though and realize that there isn't much I can do other than continue to be there as a sounding board and I will heed this advice. I will pray for the children because they are the ones who suffer the most in all of this and I think we can all agree on this.

I also think that regardless of my stance on this, besides his wife desperately needing help,...my friend will and should get some counseling too perhaps in a church group or group of spouses of alcolohics.