Old 01-25-2008, 05:26 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
StillLearning1

Hey Livelife,
Deep breath… It’s okay to be afraid.
The following are just opinions.

This is not your fault. You did not try to get him arrested. He chose to call you. No, police to my knowledge do not just stop people for no reason. Had you said you had given him permission to live their- without water?? The least of your problems would have been that they thought you were very irresponsible. More so, you could have been judged and labeled by them- as knowingly operating a crack house.

What he said to you, would get you an immediate order for protection. These can be confusing I trained and educated professional- would help you make that decision. Are you in a big enough city where the courts have victim advocates? If not a domestic abuse advocate. They will at least have and help you write out safety plans. A good plan can feel very reassuring when the fear hits.

Sadly fear is a form of control and manipulation. I wouldn’t be surprised if your phone started ringing a lot. He may try to get you to recant your words and say you gave him permission to stay there “nicely” at first. Don’t be surprised if it turns to threatening you, trying to scare you. Sadly that is a lot of how the world or crack revolves- dealers control with fear. Fear if you don’t pay, fear if you tell anyone anything. Using fear to control is normal to them.
Sorry you are going through this- thinking of you,
StillLearning