View Single Post
Old 01-24-2008, 03:29 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Tazman53
Follow Directions!

tw33k for this alcoholic geographical cures never worked, I moved from Va. to Denver, still drank, moved from Denver to Sacramento, drank even more, moved from Sacramento back to Va., drank even more!!! Moved 4 times, divorced & remarried and still drank!!!!

Changing where I lived or who I was with did not help me when it came to drinking, you see I am an alcoholic, as a result it is either drink until I die or get sober!!!!

When I finally got sick and tired enough of being sick and tired, I stopped drinking.

I was just like you, I could not stop drinking no matter what!!!! As long as I beleived there was a way that I could drink normally I continued to drink alcoholicly!

Once I became HONEST with myself and admitted I am powerless over alcohol, then, and only then was I able to start to seek a solution knowing that the only solution was total abstinance!!!

If I have one drink before I am finished I am thinking about the next and continue to do so until:

I pass out
I run out of booze & money
I fall asleep

Take this test and you decide whether you think you can drink normally? Alcoholics Anonymous :

If you are an alcoholic I can tell you from first hand experience that as long as an alcoholic drinks they are going to get worse, never better!!!!

An alcoholic can stop drinking for 10 years, if they start again within a week they will be just as bad or maybe worse then they were when they quit.

Did I mention that scientist also know that alcoholism is a progressive disease.