View Single Post
Old 01-22-2008, 07:10 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
britgael

Smile stopping in to say hello

I just wanted to say Hi to everyone. This past year has been the worst roller coaster ride in the world. In the beginning I felt completely and utterly dead inside, it was you people here at the forum that kept some kind of hope alive in me, some peace in my mind. The kind words that flew at me with every post kept me holding on for some future hope, for this, I am very grateful for all of you being in my life. I would like to say that I am sorry for slacking and not posting of late, but work and life really do interfere with life. Erin seems to be doing fairly well in her recovery and is working like crazy, we have fought alot this past year and neither one of us like it ( that's the good part ), we do love each other so very much but there is so much hurt to go around that it has been challenging. Morgan still does not like mommy going to meetings, but she understands that meetings help keep away the "headaches" and that if mommy keeps going to meetings she probably won't have to go back into the "hospital". So, as with most people here I still don't like addiction, but I do love an addict. She celebrated her 1 year on dec 10, unfortunately I was not invited as most people are to their loved ones 1 yr, she says that there is still to much shame and embarrassment to have me there. Well I guess one day at a time it is. In the last couple of weeks she has actually come to snuggle with me with out being solicited, this is awesome progress. Well I keep babbling, so for now I am taking off, I will be posting more consistently so take care and don't pay attention to my run on sentences. Just one more thought, thanks very much to unsure of and greeteachday for being there when I needed you most. Brit

:praying