stopping in to say hello

Old 01-22-2008, 07:10 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Smile stopping in to say hello

I just wanted to say Hi to everyone. This past year has been the worst roller coaster ride in the world. In the beginning I felt completely and utterly dead inside, it was you people here at the forum that kept some kind of hope alive in me, some peace in my mind. The kind words that flew at me with every post kept me holding on for some future hope, for this, I am very grateful for all of you being in my life. I would like to say that I am sorry for slacking and not posting of late, but work and life really do interfere with life. Erin seems to be doing fairly well in her recovery and is working like crazy, we have fought alot this past year and neither one of us like it ( that's the good part ), we do love each other so very much but there is so much hurt to go around that it has been challenging. Morgan still does not like mommy going to meetings, but she understands that meetings help keep away the "headaches" and that if mommy keeps going to meetings she probably won't have to go back into the "hospital". So, as with most people here I still don't like addiction, but I do love an addict. She celebrated her 1 year on dec 10, unfortunately I was not invited as most people are to their loved ones 1 yr, she says that there is still to much shame and embarrassment to have me there. Well I guess one day at a time it is. In the last couple of weeks she has actually come to snuggle with me with out being solicited, this is awesome progress. Well I keep babbling, so for now I am taking off, I will be posting more consistently so take care and don't pay attention to my run on sentences. Just one more thought, thanks very much to unsure of and greeteachday for being there when I needed you most. Brit

:praying
Old 01-22-2008, 07:57 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Awwww....Brit, I'm soooo glad to see you here. Thank you for your kind words too. I think of you and Erin and Morgan often. Congrats to Erin on her 1 year and to you for understanding that sometimes the journey isn't what we thought it might be but it is still worth taking. It sounds like you both have a solid foundation of love, compassion and desire to work things out, which is great.
I hope the legal issues have been resolved too and that step by step you can work through these challenges. Do stick around...we are a little short on the guy perspective here, as I think you've noticed, so we sure could use your ESH!

Old 01-22-2008, 08:20 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

welcome back , it is good to see you. i am happy for you & erin. i am glad she is going to meetings.they make the winners. take care of yourself & let us hear from you. prayers,
Old 01-22-2008, 08:37 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Jujubee Queen

brit,
Good news indeed.
Sounds like her recovery is going in a forward motion, and you are doing wonderful.

Hugs to you,
Old 01-22-2008, 08:47 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Leap of Faith Survivor

Hi Brit,
It was good to hear about how well your daughter is doing and how your relationship were her is healing, blessings for you both,
grateful
Old 01-23-2008, 01:09 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Welcome back from me too. It sounds like you have found a good place in your recovery, and I am happy for Erin also. Growth for her, growth for you and the promise of better days still ahead.

Hugs
Old 01-23-2008, 04:46 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Southern through and through

Brit,

Thanks for updating us on you and Erin. One year is quite an accomplishment for BOTH of you, each with your individual recovery. Remember to stay in the day, enjoying the good things that today has to offer.

Recovery is a journey, Brit. Mine hasn't been a fast one, but one of slow and steady plodding, but so very worth it. You just keep on keeping on.

And don't be a stranger, ya hear?

Hugs,
Hangin' In
Old 01-23-2008, 05:41 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Smile

Always good to hear someones child is making it in recovery.
Thanks
susan
Old 01-23-2008, 09:30 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Nice to meet you, and congratulations to your RAD on her 'year'.
Old 01-23-2008, 04:37 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Good to see you Brit and thanks for the update. Sounds like you and Erin are both moving forward, maybe not as fast as you'd like, but getting there all the same. Recovery takes time and sometimes, it's only in looking back that we can see how far we've come. Sending good thoughts and prayers that your family continues to come together and heal as you both work your recovery.