View Single Post
Old 01-21-2008, 06:59 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
LiveLife

Stay strong and listen to that inner voice of yours that is warning you. I went through a year with my XABF that emptied my bank account and my house of valuables. Everytime he was ready to pay me back something happened and he needed more money.

He was robbed. His customer didn't pay him for the job he completed. (I had purchased $1,500 of materials for the job and later found out that he got paid ... but thought he needed the money more than me.) He cried huge sad tears. I've been through more withdrawal sessions than I can count. I've paid for counselors, therapy and suboxone and trips away to go kick which ended up being a week in a hotel smoking crack until the gas tank was empty and he needed more money.

My favorite is when he came to repay me $600 he had stolen from my customer that was meant for me. He took off his shoe and looked baffled. He said he had put the money in his shoe .... but must have been walking around all day dropping $100 dollar bills because it's mysteriously gone?????

Two weeks ago, I reached my limit. He doesn't even call me anymore because I won't answer and I won't call him back. I've got a long way to go in my recovery from this relationship, but I can tell you that each day without the chaos of addiction I grow more into the "me" that I want to be.

For me it wasn't about believing him or not. Most of the time, I didn't. We had four beautiful years together prior to the madness and I desperately wanted to stand by him and give him the strength to recover. I tried to hang on to the dream of our future until the reality of each day consumed me.

You will find wisdom and strength here. Live Your Life and see if his actions add to your life ... rather than subtract from it .....