View Single Post
Old 01-19-2008, 03:27 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
BigSis
On a tear

There are ways to have felonies expunged from a record after some period of time. She has not thrown away her entire future... just the immediate one.

I have posted to another mom or two tonight something that is just bashing around in my head... how often I "saved" my kids. And then ended up stealing away the opportunities they had to learn lessons from their experiences - especially the bad ones.

I remember when my Eagle Scout son went to jail... it was heartwrenching to watch him screw up and screw up. But you know what? The night he actually was incarcerated was the weekend that Mr. Big took me on a romantic, one of a kind, trip to Canada.... and I was SO worried about both kids, I was ruining the trip.

Then son called to say he was going to jail and daughter called to say she was back at her recovery house and I realized something.... one in jail, one in rehab - I had nothing to worry about!!!

I think that was the BEST romantic weekend on the face of the earth.

I can't imagine a safer place.

So - it might just be a good thing if she goes through the process of arrest and court... my daughter ended up getting her last rehab through the court system, and she swears that was the rehab that got through to her the most.

We can't know what is "best" for our kids... but Someone does. And He walks with them every step of the way.

((hugs))