View Single Post
Old 01-18-2008, 10:53 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
M Jordan

obsessive thinking

I attend AA and have a sponser...and I have been told not to worry so much about the debt I have incured, losing my job, the things I have done or have a relationship, yet I seem to keep thinking about all of that stuff. Almost to the point that I have now began to turn it into depression. Is there key ideas to work the this thinking problem. Is it normal to have such extreme compulsions in early sobrity?

The debt keeps piling up, the job front is dismile and I have a relationship with someone that already pre-existed (She is also in soberity yet has had a much more difficult time with staying that way than I and it has been on and off since. The lying stresses me out but now she is trying and I find it hard not to question what is going on still. Makes for poor arguments.)

I will begin to get those wheels turning in my head and it seems that I won't let a thought go until it consumes me. Then to the next thought and soon the day is gone. I have tried to visualize getting rid of it, tried to think of other things and tried to make myself busy. Not much luck.