View Single Post
Old 01-17-2008, 06:11 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Mercedes1

Your experience of 8 mos is KEY. You may have lost the days of abstinence but the beautful thing about spiritual truths is they are constants/absolutes that are timeless. God doesnt give and take away. Only we do that.

Remember what you had in spiritual experience - true sobriety. Take what you can and leave the rest. The drinking is done. Now get back up. Next right thing.

One bit of advice, I relapsed last summer after 8months too...what I found really helpful is journal ASAP what you expected to get, did you get it, what could you have gotten if you would have NOT drank, was it really that bad to wait? Which was better in the end...compare to all the nights you didn't drink>? WRITE IT DOWN. It is was a lifesaver for me, I was so shocked at what I saw I actually convinced myself the binge was not just bad because it was wrong, but chose NOT to want it again. I think I was fantasizing to some degree that buzz or whatever ..even if it didn't last that long.

Truth is, it wasn't worth it. I mean it REALLY wasnt worth it to fantasize. I have a new fantasy now..spiritual fitness.

Be well.