Thread: Flare-Up
View Single Post
Old 11-22-2003, 10:06 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Chy

Pan... I often revist this thread and recommend reading the info on PAWS.. please find some comfort in that is what is going on with you. It sucks... really sucks..the whole idea of getting sober, realizing we are not like other people, that we can't drink.. not one lousy drink.. ever again if we want to restore sanity to our lives. Your doing good, it's not easy in the begining.. I nearly paced the pile out of my carpet.. walking back and forth by the fridge.. searching to see if I had hid one can of beer to well... and knowing if I found it I would of guzzled it and off to the store for the next 12 pack.. but you have to want sobriety more then that drink.. that ONE drink that will turn your life to ultimate $**** again.. please find a means of support there.. you CAN'T do this alone and need a good strong foundation to help you.. be it AA, SMART, Church, .. whatever.. find a support group. Or go back to the rehab and ask for some numbers.

It's a terrible disease.. but keep fighting tooth and nail... YOU NEVER HAVE TO DRINK AGAIN... it's your disease telling you other wise.. hang tight.. we're here!