View Single Post
Old 01-07-2008, 11:03 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  
hello-kitty

I hope you don't bail him out. You are probably saving his life by letting him suffer the FULL consequences of his choices. Not that bailing him out or leaving him in there is going to make him use or stay clean, but it will give him lots of time to experience jail, figure out what he wants out of life and if jail is a place that he wants to end up again. Maybe it will stick with him when he gets out and he is faced with the choice to use again.

He's still young. That makes me think that he can still learn from his mistakes.

My sons father is sitting in prison for a long time because of the stupid choices he made (after people bailed him out of the trouble that he caused). I wish that he would have experienced tougher consequences for his actions when he was younger and still had some ability to think smart. Now his brain has rotted from prolonged crack use. He can no longer make intelligent choices for himself.

When he was younger, he thought he was smart enough to manipulate the system. And he did. He manipulated everyone. Now he is not as good at manipulating. He is simply a 35 year old crack addict and a 6 time felon. They are throwing away the key this time.