Old 01-07-2008, 07:42 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
queenteree
Recovering Nicely

Hi Sympathygone - welcome. I too feel my sympathy is gone, and it's a shame, for a man who was a great father and husband for many, many years. As for how long this can go on, believe me when I say he may very well outlive you. My husband has alcoholic liver disease, wernecke's syndrome, and probably a lot more things related to his drinking. His liver dr. told him he'll die within 5 years if he doesn't quit drinking. He still hasn't, drank hours before his liver biopsy (a big NO NO as you can bleed to death) and he's still fine. This past Saturday night he was sooo drunk he actually fell into two different trucks on two different occasions (within 5 mins of each other),the second one actually snapping his neck so far back and knocking him unconcious, his body twisted into such a contortion that my daughter (who is a nurse) thought he broke his hip, bleeding from his eyes and face and mouth, who yesterday drank to numb the pain. My daughter and best friend witnessed this and can't get it out of their heads, and say I really must leave or do something for MYSELF (I actually left him laying there bleeding unconcious in the rain and puddle - I was inside and didn't run out). I don't like being this way, it's not like me and I do love him. Like I said, please do for you.