Old 01-06-2008, 04:53 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
sympathy gone

how long before he drinks himself to death?

Hello All,

I'm new here, I've been hovering for months and finally decided to join the fun! In a world where you can feel so alone and it seems like no one cares, it's comforting to know there are people out there that understand. I have an AH, 3 kids, 2 dogs and 2 cats and by far the most stressfull is the AH. My story is pretty much like so many others here... it's like a form letter with "insert youf A's name here", same basic receipe, just with a few different ingredients thrown into the pot.

The main reason I decided to post is to ask if anyone knows how much alcohol it takes to actually drink yourself to death. (I don't mean passing out and choking on vomit or even alcohol poisoning) I mean my AH is drinking a fifth of vodka a day... how long can his body keep this up. It's been this heavy for about the last 6 months and he is drinking at least 5-6 days a week. Any ideas on how long before his body starts revolting?

I am surrounded by a gizzilion people in this world, and I fell like I have no true friends or safe haven. I'm just sad and confused.

I truely hope to make it past the acquaintence stage and into friendships here. I really do need a friend.