View Single Post
Old 01-06-2008, 05:13 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
marle

My daughter's abf has 3 young daughters. Two winters ago they were living with him and my daughter in a two bedroom apartment. Their mother had left them with him because she wanted to go galavanting around the country with her new boyfriend. She knew that their dad smoked crack and that my daughter was also an addict. I went to the apartment one night to take my daughter out to eat and she showed me the apartment. It was filthy, no food, etc. She told me about the abf's crack habit. The next day I called CPS. Instead of interviewing the abf and my daughter, they interviewed the girls at school. The girls denied there was a problem (most likely out of fear of getting their mom in trouble). As soon as the oldest girl could she used her cell and called her mom who then went to the apartment (my daughter and the abf were out of town) and cleaned it from top to bottom, bought food and the next day when CPS came she denied that the girls were living there. Told CPS that the girls just visited once in a while. I got the letter saying it is against the law to file false CPS claims and the girls stayed there with their dad for another 8 months. So I guess what I would say is get as much evidence as you can. If you can take someone with you to the apartment so that they can also see the conditions you will have someone who can back you up. I know that if CPS had dug further in my case they would have seen that the abf was not paying child support or taxes and was getting evicted. This from a man who made over $100,000 the year before. From that experience I don't have a lot of faith in CPS. I hope you have better luck. Hugs, Marle