Old 01-05-2008, 05:19 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
CBrown

The title of your post caught my eye. My friend B was married about two years when her husband "went temporarily insane (his description)" ran off, and started living with another woman. No alcoholism involved here. My friend was devastated. He started the divorce proceedings and she prayed about what to do. She did not want to get divorced, did not believe in it, and wanted to give breathing room.

She went out and started living. She didn't give him much of a thought, just worked on her and became a stronger, independent woman. In the meantime, she refused to sign the papers, just said "I need more time to think about this huge decision." I think about two years passed, and by the grace of God, they both resolved their differences and have been married for 25 years, and have two great kids.

Will you and your husband's marriage survive this? I don't know. But you can put this off for a while so you can see the direction you are both going. Don't feel like you HAVE to sign those papers immediately. Make sure it's the right thing for both of you.

And by the way, just because you feel now that you have faith in your marriage, doesn't necessarily make you a "codie."