View Single Post
Old 01-02-2008, 12:46 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
whalespicy

trainwreck in progress

I've only posted a few times, and surfed here alot. The reinforcement is invaluable. I think it's like an enhanced alon meeting given there is more time to give a measured response and more people are involved.

I am requesting more help! Thanx to support here and from friends, family, etc. I finally decided to leave my wife period. Not temporarily. The real deal. Unfortunately she is in the local ER awaiting lab results for probable admit to the psych unit. To backup some she went to her sons family in New Mexico over Christmas. This was a plan by me and her adult kids to try to get her to move out there since grandkids represent the best chance for recovery. After about 10 days she wanted to go home and started driving back to Dallas, a 15hour trip.

Along the way I informed her that I would not be there, I'm gathering my things. She informed me I would need a very high powered attorney. I found two calls on my cell apon awakening:
1. 3:55 am she was lost in the middle of nowhere, yelling venom
2. our local police calling telling me she was yelling gibberish at a local store and was taken to ER for evaluation and her car was towed.

What I'm in a quandry about is my responsibilities. Ouy place is out of town. No offspring, just dogs. I commute in to work, I've been scouting apartments, currently in a weekly Motel 6. Is it immoral for me to just bail out? Vs hospital visiting, car out of hock, seeing this through. Besides making sure the dogs are OK what else? As everybody here knows it is destructive for me to attend to this. I haven't been doing well lately, i'm sure because of this. I guess I already know what responses will be because many folks here describe their X as being homeless. The specifics don't really matter, just get out before I get destroyed too.

I hope I'm explaining myself OK. She developed addiction during our marraige, ramped up to now chronic use. I have left and returned many many times. My job is portable. I could just leave and find work.

Steve