View Single Post
Old 01-02-2008, 10:22 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Impurrfect

(((sjr))))

Sorry I'm late, but sending you hugs and prayers. You did the right thing, even though I know it has to be hard on you. After all the drama my 14-year-old niece caused Christmas day, and cussed me out royally and told me she hated my guts, I just told her that I loved her, but I really didn't like her when she acted like that. Found out she called one night to apologize to me and tell me she loves me, but I was at work.

She is an addict and a teenager. If she's anything like my niece, she thinks the world revolves around her and doesn't seem to care about anyone unless they can benefit her. Every now and then we see the sweet side of her, but mostly it is the angry, manipulative, lying side. I've set my boundaries and even though I still fall to her bait sometimes (and argue and scream back at her), I'm getting better. I've told her I will always back her when she's right, but I'll call her on her sh** when she's wrong. It's taking time, but she's learning and feels worse about arguing with me, than with my dad or stepmom (who don't set boundaries)

I hope you can take care of you and realize that you are a very good mom and you don't deserve to be treated the way she is treating you. My niece DOES treat my stepmom like your daughter treats you....because she never has to face consequences from my stepmom.

Hugs and prayers!

Amy