View Single Post
Old 01-01-2008, 10:58 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Nina Kay
Still Standing

Jenny,
I'm so very sorry to hear of your and your parent's most horrible loss. I believe that you are probably right about his body not being able to take the same amount of the drug that he was used to taking the year before. I've heard of this happening before. Your family sounds like mine. We are all close like you've described. My son is the addict in our life and he has one sister and they are so close. He is 31 and adores his niece and nephew. My husband and I love him so much and we try to be there for him as much as we can without enabling, I hope. We've almost lost him to drugs and alcohol several times. We've just not gone ahead and crossed that line, as of yet, anyway. I guess that I'm telling you all of this to let you know that I can understand the depth of what you are going through up to a point. It would be pretty much the same scenario for us. In our case also, our daughter would be the best one to deliver the eulogy for her brother, because they are also best friends. But it takes alot of strength to be able to do that, so I'm very impressed with your strength and your unselfish and giving courage. Your parents are very blest to have a daughter like you and it seems that your brother was very blest to have you for his sister. I also feel deep sympathy for his niece and nephews, because they have sustained such a great loss that they can't possibly understand. I'm so sad that you have to deal with their great greif as well. Your words about your brother are beautiful. You and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers.

I really hope that you'll consider coming back here often for the support and uplifting encouragement that you will surely need in the coming weeks and months.
(((((((((((((((((((((Sympathizing and Supportive Hugs)))))))))))))))))))))))