Thread: Reflecting
View Single Post
Old 12-31-2007, 06:32 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
kj21

Reflecting

I am sure we are all reflecting tonight. I have some questions for you all~ Where were you at this time last year. Are you in a better place now? Happier?

My exa was just finishing up his rehab at this time last year. I couldn't wait for him to be done so we could start our new improved life. I was sure things would be soo much better in 2007. He had admitted that he had a problem and took the steps to fix it. His councilors told me how well he did. I was so proud of him. I was a little niave I guess. Things did not get better, maybe for a litttle while. Then same old, if not worse. We started breaking up in the fall of 2008, back and forth...then in Nov. I was really done. I am happier now. I was so scared at first, hence the back and forth, but now i have really let go of the idea of us being together forever, I realize I deserve to be treated better. How could I keep loving a man who lied to me almost daily in the end? I do stuggle with my guilt about him hurting over our breakup, and I am realizing how much anger I have been holding inside because of his actions over the years but I am working on that.

Here"s to happiness in 2008, may we all be happier reflecting back at this time next year!