View Single Post
Old 12-30-2007, 04:34 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
nowinsituation

Another problem solved!

Hi all -- When I left my AH I moved from our rural home to the city where I work (about 20 miles away). Problem with this arrangement is that it is not in my daughter's school district, so i have been driving her to school every morning, then going to work, then picking her up (at our house where AH lives), and coming back to apt. This is an hour trip each morning and evening. My lease is up soon, so I started looking for another place to live. By some miracle, there was a house for rent in a small town in her school district, the town where many of her friends live. We went to look at the house this afternoon and it is beautiful. It is an old two-story house, 3 bedrooms, formal dining, all wood floors, original woodwork, corner lot, big yard, pets allowed, etc., etc. And, it is only $100 more/month than my tiny 1-bedroom apt. Plus, it will cut out an hour of driving(prolly saving $100/mo in gas!), and my daughter can get on the school bus at home, and be able to hang out with her friends without worrying about transportation. I put a deposit on the house, and we can move in Feb. 1. I even have room for my piano!! I am so excited. Things are actually coming together, and I may have a normal life before too much longer!