Another problem solved!

Old 12-30-2007, 04:34 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Another problem solved!

Hi all -- When I left my AH I moved from our rural home to the city where I work (about 20 miles away). Problem with this arrangement is that it is not in my daughter's school district, so i have been driving her to school every morning, then going to work, then picking her up (at our house where AH lives), and coming back to apt. This is an hour trip each morning and evening. My lease is up soon, so I started looking for another place to live. By some miracle, there was a house for rent in a small town in her school district, the town where many of her friends live. We went to look at the house this afternoon and it is beautiful. It is an old two-story house, 3 bedrooms, formal dining, all wood floors, original woodwork, corner lot, big yard, pets allowed, etc., etc. And, it is only $100 more/month than my tiny 1-bedroom apt. Plus, it will cut out an hour of driving(prolly saving $100/mo in gas!), and my daughter can get on the school bus at home, and be able to hang out with her friends without worrying about transportation. I put a deposit on the house, and we can move in Feb. 1. I even have room for my piano!! I am so excited. Things are actually coming together, and I may have a normal life before too much longer!
Old 12-30-2007, 04:57 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Sounds like 2008 is really going to shape up for you! Congratulations on your new home and new life!
Old 12-30-2007, 06:21 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Progress Not Perfection

Do we see the HP at work? Good for you NowIS!
Old 12-30-2007, 06:30 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

that's great now! it's so nice to read this
Old 12-30-2007, 06:41 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks for sharing your good news..I'm so happy for you both.

I don't think this was "an accident",but that's just me!
Old 12-30-2007, 07:52 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Yes, my HP was there for me today; and I am very thankful. I also hope this will inspire anyone else who may want to make a change to go ahead and take a leap of faith. If I would have had to put all the pieces together before I made a move it never would have happened. Take it one step at a time, trust in your HP, amazing things will happen!!!
Old 12-31-2007, 02:04 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
ICU

What a wonderful share nowinsituation! I'm sure your 'leap of faith' will inspire many!
Old 12-31-2007, 05:49 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Cool! Good for you.

Ngaire

Originally Posted by nowinsituation View Post
Hi all -- When I left my AH I moved from our rural home to the city where I work (about 20 miles away). Problem with this arrangement is that it is not in my daughter's school district, so i have been driving her to school every morning, then going to work, then picking her up (at our house where AH lives), and coming back to apt. This is an hour trip each morning and evening. My lease is up soon, so I started looking for another place to live. By some miracle, there was a house for rent in a small town in her school district, the town where many of her friends live. We went to look at the house this afternoon and it is beautiful. It is an old two-story house, 3 bedrooms, formal dining, all wood floors, original woodwork, corner lot, big yard, pets allowed, etc., etc. And, it is only $100 more/month than my tiny 1-bedroom apt. Plus, it will cut out an hour of driving(prolly saving $100/mo in gas!), and my daughter can get on the school bus at home, and be able to hang out with her friends without worrying about transportation. I put a deposit on the house, and we can move in Feb. 1. I even have room for my piano!! I am so excited. Things are actually coming together, and I may have a normal life before too much longer!
Old 12-31-2007, 08:09 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

How wonderful for you and your daughter!

Yup, taking those leaps of faith can lead to wonderful things. {hugs}
Old 12-31-2007, 08:17 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

See, now that is EXACTLY what I am talking about! I am soooo happy for you. When things happen like that, there is no mistaking it. Your house sounds just like what I hope to find...! I am happy for you.