View Single Post
Old 12-29-2007, 03:44 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Jes23

Originally Posted by Need4Change View Post
I was an out-of-control mad-man when I was drunk. I would be so uninhibited that I would think nothing of walking right up and asking someone if I could go to bed with their wife or even touching a cop's gun and telling him "hey that's a pretty nice piece you have there sir", etc. Really crazy, risky and downright dangerous stuff!. I had ZERO control of what I did and that was the scariest part of all and why I stopped drinking...out of sheer terror. I could'nt trust myself anymore and was very afraid of what I might do and it was always the same old story EVERY time I drank (without exception)...BAD THINGS ALWAYS HAPPENED!!.

Whew, well I guess I've gotten it off my chest now. Vent over

- Need4Change

I know you didn't expect anyone to respond to this but ...this really struck me...Why don't you print this out and put it in your wallet (or some place else) so that next time you have strong cravings you can read YOUR OWN WORDS (this way you wont have to log on to read it) about how drinking wont help anything and to remind yourself what you think about your drinking when you are sober (and not having cravings).

While I don't agree with beating yourself up over mistakes, until you feel comfortable with your sober time...I think a little motivation that has a somewhat negative tone can be helpful.

Oh and I am happy to read that you have made it 11 days! CONGRATS, i know how hard it is!:bounce