View Single Post
Old 12-29-2007, 03:32 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Need4Change
61'st day sober as of:12/18/07

Thanks Jomey and I just want to say that even though I have never responded to your posts or replies personally, it does'nt mean I don't appreciate your support and encouragement. I actually, figured we'd end up being "best buddies", writing to each other every day and chattering away like two bluejays. In fact, I have felt that way about a lot of people here and yet I probably come across as some selfish, self-centered person who is only thinking about myself and what I can get out of all of this. That is the mindset of a desperate person and I was desperate to get away from alcohol and so this is why I probably never really hit it off with a lot of people here on a personal-friendship kind of level. I hope you (and everyone else here) can understand what I'm trying to say. I don't even respond to other people's posts very often because I very often don't even feel like I can help myself or I feel so sick from withdrawal that it's almost all I can do to just dig myself out of the pit and come across as selfish in the process (sigh).

Anyway, I just took a bit of Naltrexone as a "test" to see if the cravings would finally go away. I have never taken Naltrexone while I was experiencing cravings or after I had already stopped drinking like you are supposed to so it will be interesting to see what happens. I'm to the point now where if someone told me that a bottle of acid would cure my cravings, heck, I'd probably try it!.

- Need4Change