View Single Post
Old 12-29-2007, 11:22 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Kellye C

I know you don't want to hear about AA so I almost hesitate to post since AA is what saved me but here goes anyway. For ME, the physical part was over within a week. After that it was all mental. The emotions I had tried to blot out were all the sudden awake with nothing to numb them. I drank for a reason, I didn't want to deal with life on life's terms. For this alcoholic, I had to get to the root causes and conditions of why I drank and learn new ways to deal with life and problems otherwise I could not stay sober. I found that solution in AA, working the steps, making meetings and learning from those who had gone before me and understood what I was going through.

There are other methods of recovery that you may want to check out. I have no experience with them but I know you've been around here long enough to either have heard of them or know how to search for them. I would suggest getting on the Alcoholism forum as well. Regardless of what method you choose I would suggest you pick something and get after it. In the meantime keep busy, keep reaching out here and be openminded and willing to take suggestions. Keep this in mind, there is nothing so bad that a drink won't make WORSE!

I wish you the best,
Kellye