View Single Post
Old 12-28-2007, 01:34 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Growing
Progress Not Perfection

I understand and I care for you.

I have a "clean slate", now that I have eliminated toxic relatives from my life and besides my husband and son, *I am alone* and I feel it everyday.

The story is, that now that my toxic relatives aren't scaring the crap out of my friends, I can make new friends, who are healthy.

I struggle (inside my heart, not in real life) with fully letting those toxic relatives go because, as of yet, their is no one else on the other side but me. What I mean is, I still have the desire to contact them, but I stop myself, and don't. THANK GOD!

It is so hard for me to accept that my relatives don't want me. Not really. Not as I am, healthy and confident and hopeful for the future.

That hurts.

But I look at it like this....This loneliness and hurt are me, "giving birth" to the NEW me.

I love Mikes experience of getting adopted by a lady and being her adopted daughter. I think I would like an adopted dad too. You can bet that I *WILL* get out there and find these wonderful people. Family and Friends of Choice. My problem is, I haven't "got out there" yet. But I am getting stronger everyday. I will make it to those family and friends of choice. I will keep you guys posted on my progress.

Once again, you have touched a chord in me...Great Thread!

Thanks!

Sending love your way,

Growing