View Single Post
Old 12-28-2007, 10:05 AM
  # 123 (permalink)  
Lilyflower
Recovering Codependant

Originally Posted by hbb View Post
I know the sighs i will get after this but here goes. Maybe in some small, tiny way it validates my self esteem and self worth to hear him say he was sorry and that he felt badly for his behavior (i try to tell myself that he probably does in some way, who knows and i will probably never hear it so accept that he may for myself to be able to let go and move on).
No sighs Heather, in fact I will say CONGRATULATIONS! You have touched on something here. The real reason why he is still in your thoughts and why you still try to 'reason' out the relationship. You want him to feel bad about what he has done to you. This is a big codependancy thing. You wish to control. I did this not long ago with my abf when he upset me, I told him to get out, simply because I wanted him to turn around and tell me how sorry he was for messing up and that I was such a great person for putting up with him and still loving him when he acted so badly. If I was being non-codie i would've told him to get gone because I truely wanted him to go, which I never did. Keep digging in your heart for the truth!

Lily xxxxxxxxx