View Single Post
Old 12-27-2007, 08:28 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
GingerM

GL, welcome home. Not the home you wished you had earlier in life, but the home you have now which is mostly sane (none of us are ever really fully sane, IMO), and mostly healthy and mostly peaceful.

I think all of us can relate to that feeling of being alone. We humans are a tribal/pack/herd/flock type of critter, and all those types of critters, down to the lowliest of the fishes, feel exposed and isolated when separated from the 'family they know'.

I've found that being here helps me a lot. No one in my family really understands me, and no one outside of my family could understand me thoroughly. But this forum contains people who, while they may not understand me thoroughly, at least understand a fair chunk of me and don't give me looks like I'm Satan incarnate when I say I'm happy the holidays are over and glad they only come once a year.

So welcome home to your physical house with your husband and your dogs and your cat. And welcome home to your virtual home, with 'family' who can relate to feeling so very alone, even when surrounded by 'people' (furred or largely hairless) who love you. I can't say why I feel alone even when I'm sighing in relief at being removed from the situation, but I can say I understand that feeling, and I have it too.