Old 12-27-2007, 11:33 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
miss communicat

Originally Posted by hopeangel View Post
the threads today got me thinking about what i need to work on. these are a few things that i have struggled with all my life and i am beginning to realize that it does relate to codependency. i've read codependent no more and now almost finished beyond codependency, but... anyone have insight into these things that i can use to help.

i have always had a hard time making decisions a lot so on just the simplest things like choosing between two things. i can stand in a store for a long time trying to pick which of similar items that i want. then i leave the store and wish i would have picked the other and doubt my decisions. that is just one simple example, obviously, when it comes to the more complex things in life it gets even harder for me.

i've also had the same problem when it comes to commiting to something. i struggle with commiting, but i will say that once i really do make up my mind (this could take forever) and commit i become very stubborn and nobody can change it. i think i am loyal to a fault.

also, i've struggled with organization all my life. i know i could be soo much happier if everything in my life was more organized and i had everything together in my house for example and i could relax a lot more. i am slowly becoming more organized, but have a long way to go.

what do you all think ?
something that has helped me make and stick with my decisions, large and minor, is to remind myself that saying "no" to something is not deprivation, but that it springs from a greater "yes". So i ask myself to affirm what is most beneficial, most truthful for me, then look at the options, and gladly say "no" to certain ones of those options, and move forward into my beautiful "YES".

Hope this helps you, too!