View Single Post
Old 12-26-2007, 02:59 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
TinKC

Thanks everyone. I was searching around for the AlAnon meetings and the ones that had babysitting weren't at times that I could attend due to my work schedule. I will try to find a way to make it to a meeting soon. My work schedule is going to be changing within the next month & I will be able to attend a meeting in the morning.

Tomorrow, my daughter is spending the night at her grandparent's house so DH & I will have a chance to talk about this while he is not drinking and we are not distracted by DD.

I can tell from what he has said that he wants to seek help. He hates knowing that he makes me feel the way he does but I think when he starts drinking he cannot exercise control. I also think counseling will help him because of possible PTSD issues he has from being in Iraq. His drinking really didn't become a problem until about a year after he returned from being deployed.

And at a bachelor party he attended about a year & a half ago, he had a total breakdown while he was drunk. He felt like he was being attacked, like a flash back or something, and was crying and everything around all of these close friends of his at one of his friend's bachelor's party. Very unusual.

I also think the PTSD problems he could be having are being intensified with his job as a police officer. He patrols in a pretty hard area. He witnesses death at least once a week, if not more often.