View Single Post
Old 12-25-2007, 09:07 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
marteen
Hug giver-outer!

Wow; too pooped!

AD worked until 10:00; Mr. M and I babysat and boy, are we tired! But it's a nice tired and we had a ball with our adorable granddaughter. I haven't heard such giggling and laughter in a very long time.

It's almost too much to believe. Our AD has changed so much in attitude, behavior and the things she says. She just called to let us know she got home ok and she wanted to tell us, again, that this was the best Christmas she has had EVER and to thank us for having her back in our lives. I told her that I never NOT had her in my life but she had to make the decision to come back and she has. She said she regrets missing so much time and for what she put us through but she is trying to make it up to us. I thanked her and told her the best way she could make it up to us and to herself is to do the very best she can for her daughter and the rest will fall in place. I never expected to hear these kind of words from my AD after not even allowing us to speak to her or grandbaby last year or Christmas but when it comes in a sincere tone, that is even better. And I "feel" sincerity. And that's a nice feeling to have.

We had a wonderful Christmas; the best we've had in a long time. And SD called from California (she is visiting her old roommate for three weeks) and she got a card from her sister and was quite shocked at how she sounded in the writing and what she said. She, too, has noticed a sincere difference in her.

It really is a miracle and one I never expected but I welcome it with open arms. She has come a long way but SHE has done it; she has made the decisions and she will continue to do so for her own reasons. If her heart is full of gratitude for her family, then I would say she has come a very long way in the right direction. I think she and her HP have been working at it.

Done,
You have come a very long way, too and yes, you have a long way to go but you know the right path. Sometimes you stray but you get back on the path. You will make it and you are worth making it for. No matter what anyone ever tells you, you are an amazing person with so much potential. Believe in yourself and you will find so many good things waiting for you. I know your mom probably has no idea of just what you have been going through but I'm sure in her own way, she knows that you have been struggling and doesn't know what to do or say. Work on YOU and the rest will follow. As a mother, I see great and wonderful things in you and send you out a very, big hug for your tremendous effort in working on and dealing with all the excess baggage that you need to put in order. You go, girl!

Love & hugs,
Marteen

:ghug