Merry Hope and Peace!

Old 12-25-2007, 08:04 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Hug giver-outer!

Merry Hope and Peace!

My AD and grandbaby spent the night last night and will be with us all day today! It doesn't get any better than that unless you account for the fact that AD's attitude and outlook sounds so much better, her actions match her words (now that's a concept and something we've not seen for a very long time!) and her love for her daughter is shining brighter than that Christmas star did last night!!

If anyone had told me it would be like this with our AD, I would have boo-hoo'd you up and down. Can't predict how long this may last but I never thought I'd see it again.

Hope is never dead and it's funny how much life can surprise you just when you think you have it figured out.

We are enjoying what we have today and for what it is and are praying it continues. But it's not for us to control so we will just sit back and try to nurture it along whenever we can.

I hope and pray for more hope and peace for everyone on these boards.

Hugs,
Marteen:day6
Old 12-25-2007, 10:16 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

(((Marteen)))

I am so glad you got the best present in the world! Enjoy your day and have fun spoiling the grandbaby!

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 12-25-2007, 10:25 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
*~10 YEARS BABY~*

Damn, I was opening presents this morning, my Mom was laughing, step dad was opening something and that song comes on the radio, that starts with,
SO THIS IS CHRISTMAS....... AND WHAT HAVE YOU DONE........
ANOTHER YEAR OVER, A NEW YEAR YET BEGUN.....

I used to ALWAYS HEAR THAT SONG, EITHER,
in the hospital, with my head my in shame from my eating disorder, (deep deep shame), most recently shame from my
meth addiction, or depression, suicide thoughts, I never thought
I would understand that song, or what it meant.....

Today it came on, and I was half laughing, and half holding back tears cause my parents have no idea how far I've come.
There is always hope.
Old 12-25-2007, 10:39 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

That is incredible isn't it? No one knows what we go through but ourself and others that have followed a simular path. :ghug

I know my parents didn't know how much I had accomplished because they were busy being co-dependent with my brother and now he is left out in the cold with his drinking altho he has the family home to live in for a little while longer.

We co-own this family home and it needs to be sold before he lets it go into foreclosure. I have a lawyer helping me but don't know the real answer...he disapeared on me when I went to see him the last time and hasn't been in contact with me for over two years now...is mad at me for wanting the house sold...so if the court can't help we will lose it.

I have written to him...and told him he could call me collect but he hasn't done that...he doesn't have a phone anymore because he couldn't keep the bill paid.

kelsh
Old 12-25-2007, 10:43 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Marteen, Merry Christmas to you my friend. Enjoy. Hugs, Marle
Old 12-25-2007, 11:36 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
*~10 YEARS BABY~*

Originally Posted by kelsh View Post
That is incredible isn't it? No one knows what we go through but ourself and others that have followed a simular path. :ghug

I know my parents didn't know how much I had accomplished because they were busy being co-dependent with my brother and now he is left out in the cold with his drinking altho he has the family home to live in for a little while longer.

We co-own this family home and it needs to be sold before he lets it go into foreclosure. I have a lawyer helping me but don't know the real answer...he disapeared on me when I went to see him the last time and hasn't been in contact with me for over two years now...is mad at me for wanting the house sold...so if the court can't help we will lose it.

I have written to him...and told him he could call me collect but he hasn't done that...he doesn't have a phone anymore because he couldn't keep the bill paid.

kelsh
I had to cut my message short becuz my Mom came in the room to tell me "You have to come tell your Grandma Merry Christmas".
lol.

I didn't get the chance to tell you, I'm so happy for you Mom Marteen, I remember the heartache, etc. you've gone through, you've taught me so much, and taught me what I don't want to put my Mom through, I hope you know I say that with love. It helps keep me off drugs, keeps me that much stronger every day...... All you Mom's do that for me, and (for my Mom(little does she know))
Any who..
Merry Christmas to you....
I'm so happy for you....
Love and Light to you.:day4
Old 12-25-2007, 03:18 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
To Life!

(((Marteen)))

We've followed such similar paths....and it's an amazing thing when our children are home, safe and sober.
Trevor and his g/f and her kids spent the day with me. We had a lovely day opening gifts, having dinner. He and his g/f are going to a meeting tonight. I'm watching the kids. They are all spending the night.
It's the best Christmas day I've had in years! LOL!

I'm so happy for you. And I know exactly how much this means to you.
And to your mom, too, Miss Done!

With love and happiness...
Shalom!
Old 12-25-2007, 04:23 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thanks to all you. This post has given me hope when at the moment it feels is if things just keep getting worse.
Old 12-25-2007, 04:44 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
cmc

Hi Marteen!
It's so nice to hear from you and be able to share in your joy.

Thanks too, to Miss DWI....as always you're such an inspiration.

We had everyone here for the day sober, clean and safe. RAS is staying here a few days and his...fiancee is coming here tomorrow to spend the day with us too.

What once seemed hopeless has turned out in many ways much better than I expected. There are still some struggles and things that need some time to improve, but over all I'm one happy mom today.

Two years ago RAS was out on his last run which started in October and ended the following May when he was arrested. He has 20 months cleantime now and is doing great.

I remember all your posts of all the trying times with your AD and how hard it was on you, mr m and your other daughter. You have done well in your recovery and I'm so happy to learn of all the blessings that you now enjoy!

Merry Christmas, my friend and enjoy making some wonderful memories with all your loved ones together.

cmc
Old 12-25-2007, 04:54 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Merry Christmas Marteen. Indeed it has come full circle and your daughter and granddaughter are back where they belong. How wonderful that is, and shows that there is always hope...always.

Hugs
Old 12-25-2007, 08:24 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Power is not having to respond

Oh wow! What a wonderful thing! You have the grandbaby to hold and love, your daughter too. I guess it's true that things never remain the same.
Old 12-25-2007, 09:06 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Administrator

So glad you and the family had a wonderful day and night together. Prayers that the new year brings continued blessings for all of you. Hugs
Old 12-25-2007, 09:07 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Hug giver-outer!

Wow; too pooped!

AD worked until 10:00; Mr. M and I babysat and boy, are we tired! But it's a nice tired and we had a ball with our adorable granddaughter. I haven't heard such giggling and laughter in a very long time.

It's almost too much to believe. Our AD has changed so much in attitude, behavior and the things she says. She just called to let us know she got home ok and she wanted to tell us, again, that this was the best Christmas she has had EVER and to thank us for having her back in our lives. I told her that I never NOT had her in my life but she had to make the decision to come back and she has. She said she regrets missing so much time and for what she put us through but she is trying to make it up to us. I thanked her and told her the best way she could make it up to us and to herself is to do the very best she can for her daughter and the rest will fall in place. I never expected to hear these kind of words from my AD after not even allowing us to speak to her or grandbaby last year or Christmas but when it comes in a sincere tone, that is even better. And I "feel" sincerity. And that's a nice feeling to have.

We had a wonderful Christmas; the best we've had in a long time. And SD called from California (she is visiting her old roommate for three weeks) and she got a card from her sister and was quite shocked at how she sounded in the writing and what she said. She, too, has noticed a sincere difference in her.

It really is a miracle and one I never expected but I welcome it with open arms. She has come a long way but SHE has done it; she has made the decisions and she will continue to do so for her own reasons. If her heart is full of gratitude for her family, then I would say she has come a very long way in the right direction. I think she and her HP have been working at it.

Done,
You have come a very long way, too and yes, you have a long way to go but you know the right path. Sometimes you stray but you get back on the path. You will make it and you are worth making it for. No matter what anyone ever tells you, you are an amazing person with so much potential. Believe in yourself and you will find so many good things waiting for you. I know your mom probably has no idea of just what you have been going through but I'm sure in her own way, she knows that you have been struggling and doesn't know what to do or say. Work on YOU and the rest will follow. As a mother, I see great and wonderful things in you and send you out a very, big hug for your tremendous effort in working on and dealing with all the excess baggage that you need to put in order. You go, girl!

Love & hugs,
Marteen

:ghug
Old 12-26-2007, 08:36 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

(((( marteen)))) miracles do happen.
Old 12-26-2007, 09:19 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Marteen, I remember when I came her and you and AD had no contact. I am so happy that things are turning around for her and your little grandbaby.
At that time things were really bad with my daughter. I have learned a lot from you. What a miracle that both of our daughters are doing a lot better now.

Prayers that it continues for both of us and our daughters.............Lo
Old 12-26-2007, 12:34 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Jujubee Queen

Marteen,
Well this is wonderful news.
I have prayed over and over that you would be able to have a relationship with your sweet grandaughter!
And it sounds like AD is starting to see the light also!

It goes to show, that miracles happen.
It makes me happy to have a friend who has had one.

Hugs,
Old 12-26-2007, 05:16 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
get it, give it, grow in it

Thank you for your prayers and sharing your ESH.
So very happy that your family is doing well.
I do believe any thing is possible and change is probable.