View Single Post
Old 12-25-2007, 04:47 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Mr. Christian
My Cape Is at The Cleaners

My Christmas Story*

As most of you have read I had just went through what I thought was a break up with the girl I was seeing.
If I back up a bit, I should tell you we met on Halloween. She went to school with one of the people that rent a room in my home.
They seemed to have had a falling out when they were younger but got in touch with each other again.

Long story short so many rumors have flown around and it really did hurt the relationship.

On this Saturday I went to a small party with friends of my roomie and people who know her and the girls I was seeing.

I found myself the center of conversation and later learned that things that were done and said were not true, that my roomie had pretty much poisoned this little relationship as a way to get back at this girl for something that happened years ago.

I was collateral damage.

They had even sent this girl pictures of the party that nigh with me there in hopes to stir things up even more.

I left, very confused and angry at it all.

That night I got a text from my friend asking me to meet for coffee and to talk. I agreed.

More things came out and things were set aside and we both agreed to see each other again but now without dealing with this roomie.

She then asked if I cared to spend Christmas Eve with her.
I said yes.

Now mind you, It’s been 4 years since I have spent Christmas with another. No tree, no gifts, no woman in my life.
In fact this was the 1st yr. I had bought a tree again.

I arrived about 6 and her place smelled from cooking. Fresh homemade bread and the ham looked great. The tree was lit and presents were everywhere.

We ate and exchanged gifts and enjoyed the evening. She even bought all day passes to Disneyland so we could go together. She knew I have not been for years.

It’s A Wonderful Life was playing On TV and we watched it together. It was truly a good evening.
Both unexpected and gratefully appreciated.

You know I let this situation be, and did not bother her or try to change her thinking or opinion. I stood back.
I let her think and decide for herself with no control.
In the end something wonderful took place.
A relationship was rekindled.
(Still another, with my roomie, needs to be dealt with.)

But all in all I have to say this was the best Christmas gift to me that I can remember.
I no not what the future holds for the two of us, but I do know I will hold this memory of Christmas for some time.