View Single Post
Old 12-24-2007, 03:05 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
dave47

100 days and 30lbs

Today i've reached 100 days and in that time i have also lost 30lbs in weight. Having drunk for 1000's of days it's only a small milestone but one in which i am pleased to arrive at. I feel much better in body and soul than i did a few months ago when at times i struggled to do up my shoelaces.
In the time i have been here i have taken so much on board and am beginning to understand that as far as opinions go there is not necessarily a right or wrong answer or way to do things. Also there is nothing wrong in being a bit more humble and not to be so judgemental.
I would like to post more and say more but at times the words don't seem to flow.Thankfully there are many here to pick up the mantle and answer any cry for help. Another reason is that i am pretty slow and a single post takes ages(don't want to think about how long this is taking). With working long hours and then facing a battle with the kids for the computer there are many posts i don't get a chance to read and i apologise for that.
I have a great deal of respect for many of you and your openness is truly inspiring, maybe this is something i need to work on.
I would like to thank everyone for their humour, Recovery is a good thing, so it can't be all hard work. I would especially like to thank those who replied to me when i first came on SR, I had had enough and the support i received kept me coming back day after day-keeping me on the straight and narrow.
I would like to finish by wishing you all a very happy Christmas.