Notices

100 days and 30lbs

Old 12-24-2007, 03:05 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

100 days and 30lbs

Today i've reached 100 days and in that time i have also lost 30lbs in weight. Having drunk for 1000's of days it's only a small milestone but one in which i am pleased to arrive at. I feel much better in body and soul than i did a few months ago when at times i struggled to do up my shoelaces.
In the time i have been here i have taken so much on board and am beginning to understand that as far as opinions go there is not necessarily a right or wrong answer or way to do things. Also there is nothing wrong in being a bit more humble and not to be so judgemental.
I would like to post more and say more but at times the words don't seem to flow.Thankfully there are many here to pick up the mantle and answer any cry for help. Another reason is that i am pretty slow and a single post takes ages(don't want to think about how long this is taking). With working long hours and then facing a battle with the kids for the computer there are many posts i don't get a chance to read and i apologise for that.
I have a great deal of respect for many of you and your openness is truly inspiring, maybe this is something i need to work on.
I would like to thank everyone for their humour, Recovery is a good thing, so it can't be all hard work. I would especially like to thank those who replied to me when i first came on SR, I had had enough and the support i received kept me coming back day after day-keeping me on the straight and narrow.
I would like to finish by wishing you all a very happy Christmas.
Old 12-24-2007, 03:30 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Awaiting Email Confirmation

wow, Dave. Congrats on the dry time and the weight loss. Sounds like you are doing great. Best for the holidays.
Old 12-24-2007, 03:34 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Thats fantastic well done you!!!
Old 12-24-2007, 04:03 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thumbs up 100 Days....

Hi,

You certainly have done well. Staying sober is hard but doing that and losing weight too is wonderful.

Holiday times coming up can try one's soul and sobiety. Take heed and do for yourself what you need to do to be Happy.

kelsh
Old 12-24-2007, 05:03 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Lurker

100 hundred days, and the weight. Sounds like the promisses are already appearing in your life. Glad to hear you are doing so well.
Old 12-24-2007, 05:15 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Dave!! You are the man! Both here and at that other forum we visit downstairs I look forward to your daily words of encouragement. Each and every time I stumble with my eating I know you will post words of hope and encouragement. You embody the spirit of SR and that's why I come here - people like you.
Way to go on the eating and drinking!! Happy Christmas from my family to yours!
Your friend, Mike
Old 12-24-2007, 06:33 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Congratulations on achieving 100 days of sobriety, and losing 30 pounds, Dave. I am so grateful that you decided to join us and share your journey.

Merry Christmas
Old 12-24-2007, 07:37 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Dave,
For someone who has a problem finding his words, you were very eloquent, precise, and delivered a great message! I am so happy for your 100 days and 30 pounds...you are truly inspiring. You're doing a great job! and happy holidays to you too!
Old 12-24-2007, 08:39 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Merry Christmas, Dave! I am so happy for you!
Old 12-24-2007, 02:39 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

thats amazing dave,

have a lovely xmas too
Old 12-24-2007, 02:44 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Administrator

merry Xmas mate

D
Old 12-24-2007, 03:14 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Old 12-25-2007, 02:22 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Thanks all for your support and words of encouragement. Have to say that i feel a huge upsurge in confidence and am really looking forward to the day ahead. My boys on his Playstation and my girls working out her new phone. My wifes finally surfaced so i'll have to get off here soon before she has a go at me. Once again, very best wishes to you all and happy Christmas.