Thread: Are you single?
View Single Post
Old 11-18-2003, 02:41 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Tabby
Paused

Mel

You guys are too funny. But I identify most with the person who said that being happily married or happily single depends on our attitudes and actions. I was unhappily married (twice) but I was just as emtionally sick as they were! I can see that now but I couldn't then.

As for being single, I've been single for 4 years now and sometimes I like and sometimes I don't. Well, I don't think I want to be married again. I don't think the 3rd time would be a "charm" somehow. But, I agree with the person who said to be on the lookout for someone more like yourself. I married opposites and while, yes, I was attracted because of it, it didn't work. That is how I realized I need someone more like me. Good sense of humor, intelligent, conversational but enjoys quiet just as much, likes people, empathetic and supportive. Oh, and a good sized "package". Did I really say that?

I said that because I was watching "Ellen" (Degeneres) today and she had on Brandon Frasier. She held up a picture of him in a metallic thong that I guess he wore in one of his movies. His body was totally muscular and he definitely was not short changed in the other area!! (laugh)