Are you single?

Old 11-17-2003, 04:09 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
No More Mrs. Nice Guy

Are you single?

I have been doing some reading and listening to a CD lately. It talks about making a list of all the qualities you would look for in a partner, and then what changes YOU would have to make in order to attract that kind of person!

It was very eye opening to me. Do you really think there will come a time when I can enter a room and NOT say "Golly, there's a nice fixer upper!"

O59
Old 11-17-2003, 04:41 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

A friend of mine once said she'd quit taking on men as projects

phoenix
Old 11-17-2003, 04:48 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Osier

Every man in my life has been a "fixer upper". What a great analogy. I think next time, I'm going to have one built to my specifications. You can do that, can't you?
Peace,
Gabe
Old 11-17-2003, 05:11 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
No More Mrs. Nice Guy

OH Gabe. Now you've got ME thinking. If I could build the PERFECT PARTNER, what would he have/be?

A great sense of humor
Incredible patience
Balanced life
Did I mention a sense of humor?

O59
Old 11-17-2003, 08:23 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hmmmmmmm*..... I don't think about it. I am single and mostly I guess I'm convinced that I just need to be myself and enjoy my life. If a relationship is in the works, then that'll be interesting.

I have been happily married and unhappily married and happily single and unhappily single. Common thread has been me and my attitude and actions.

I think my problem is......I was married too long. I know what this deal is all about. LOL* It's much better to be young and starry eyed.

Good luck!
Old 11-17-2003, 08:28 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Chy

*LOL*.. gotta remember that one!
Old 11-18-2003, 05:41 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
JT
Supply Manager

I would never get married again...what would be the point?? I can see having a partner, but not a husband.

Ward is a pretty close match for me. Very responsible even tho he drinks. I am old enough that it does not matter one bit if he falls asleep at 8pm.

Maybe an extreme makeover would get this motor running. Like Ward with Mel's body!

LOL,
JT
Old 11-18-2003, 06:26 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
No More Mrs. Nice Guy

JT,

Watch out for ANN. I know she has first dibs on Mel...

Barb
Old 11-18-2003, 07:47 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Its been so long since I was single. Im not sure I would know how to act. Been married to Elvis aka The Weasel for 32 years.

Truthfully Im not sure I could find one who could live up to my present standards. Must be able to cook,clean,do yard work,like old house rehab, have a sense od humour, like cats and Rottenweiler childs,play Euchre,and love scifi. And most important not drink anything stronger than soda pop.

In other words Im not takin another one to raise unless they make it worth my while.
Old 11-18-2003, 09:32 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
JT
Supply Manager

Osier...I don't want MEL!! I only want his body!!

LOL,
JT
Old 11-18-2003, 11:10 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I decided I don't take on anymore projects and I don't go on potential. Reality is best to focus on and deciding if I can accept that in a person or not. But trying to change them forget it. I look now for qualities in another that I have in myself, I mean afterall we like our friends to have similar interests and qualities why not love relationships?

Ngaire
Old 11-18-2003, 02:29 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Oh, RIGHT JT, and I'll take his mind? :wife :wife
Old 11-18-2003, 02:41 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Paused

Mel

You guys are too funny. But I identify most with the person who said that being happily married or happily single depends on our attitudes and actions. I was unhappily married (twice) but I was just as emtionally sick as they were! I can see that now but I couldn't then.

As for being single, I've been single for 4 years now and sometimes I like and sometimes I don't. Well, I don't think I want to be married again. I don't think the 3rd time would be a "charm" somehow. But, I agree with the person who said to be on the lookout for someone more like yourself. I married opposites and while, yes, I was attracted because of it, it didn't work. That is how I realized I need someone more like me. Good sense of humor, intelligent, conversational but enjoys quiet just as much, likes people, empathetic and supportive. Oh, and a good sized "package". Did I really say that?

I said that because I was watching "Ellen" (Degeneres) today and she had on Brandon Frasier. She held up a picture of him in a metallic thong that I guess he wore in one of his movies. His body was totally muscular and he definitely was not short changed in the other area!! (laugh)
Old 11-18-2003, 07:21 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Osier...

I'm sort of sleep deprived, and when I read your list of qualifications I ran a couple of lines together and thought you wanted a guy with "incredible balance". Boy was I curious. :lol