View Single Post
Old 12-20-2007, 07:28 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
DesertEyes

Wink Getting a nose job

Hey gang

I'm going in to get my sinuses taken out on Friday. It's a two hour in and out job. Not anything serious. I'm having my sinuses taken out cuz they're horribly inflamed from the neuropathy. We've gone thru all the meds and beyond the max dosages and they're just out of control, so out they go.

My darling girlfriend LC is going to be looking after me, and the whole AA fam-damily is going to be in and out. Mostly cuz they want to take pics of me all doped up!!!! *lol* We've got two nurses in the bunch, one a OR and one a ICU and they've already threatened me with all kinds of nasty things if I don't follow docs orders. and some rather large and serious looking biker dudes have seconded that directive.

LC will be in touch with the staff here, so you guys will be kept informed of the goings on. I've got more and more people calling every day, saying they're going to bring food and stay awhile to visit, so I think we're going to wind up with a party at my place *lol*

My only fear is that when it's all over with, I'll end up looking like Dustin Hoffman!!!!

So starting this Friday, I'll be on "vacation" and won't be posting. I'll be out, literally, for a few days, prolly 'till the next Thursday or so. This is going to be my Xmas present to myself, and I just can't wait.

LC is pretty scared. I've been thru 11 heart attacks, 3 cardiac arrests, 6 major hospitalizations, all in a 2 year period, so it's old news to me. It's always harder on the loved ones, so if you guys could send her some support thru your prayers it would mean the world to me.

Like Arnold said, I'll be back, so you guys behave.... well, ok, don't behave _too_ much

Mike