Getting a nose job

Old 12-20-2007, 07:28 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Wink Getting a nose job

Hey gang

I'm going in to get my sinuses taken out on Friday. It's a two hour in and out job. Not anything serious. I'm having my sinuses taken out cuz they're horribly inflamed from the neuropathy. We've gone thru all the meds and beyond the max dosages and they're just out of control, so out they go.

My darling girlfriend LC is going to be looking after me, and the whole AA fam-damily is going to be in and out. Mostly cuz they want to take pics of me all doped up!!!! *lol* We've got two nurses in the bunch, one a OR and one a ICU and they've already threatened me with all kinds of nasty things if I don't follow docs orders. and some rather large and serious looking biker dudes have seconded that directive.

LC will be in touch with the staff here, so you guys will be kept informed of the goings on. I've got more and more people calling every day, saying they're going to bring food and stay awhile to visit, so I think we're going to wind up with a party at my place *lol*

My only fear is that when it's all over with, I'll end up looking like Dustin Hoffman!!!!

So starting this Friday, I'll be on "vacation" and won't be posting. I'll be out, literally, for a few days, prolly 'till the next Thursday or so. This is going to be my Xmas present to myself, and I just can't wait.

LC is pretty scared. I've been thru 11 heart attacks, 3 cardiac arrests, 6 major hospitalizations, all in a 2 year period, so it's old news to me. It's always harder on the loved ones, so if you guys could send her some support thru your prayers it would mean the world to me.

Like Arnold said, I'll be back, so you guys behave.... well, ok, don't behave _too_ much

Mike
Old 12-20-2007, 07:37 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Wipe your paws elsewhere!

Sending prayers for you and LC. Who is this woman, anyway? Do tell.... Since she fell for a broccoli stalk, I'm assuming she's a vegetarian.

Hope everything goes well and you end up with a stunning and problem free honker.
Old 12-20-2007, 07:48 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
cmc

Hugs and prayers to you, your Ms. LC and the entire 'support' team.
:praying

ps.
I hope everything comes out okay.
Old 12-20-2007, 08:06 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

hoping for a quick recovery, mike! we'll miss you here.
Old 12-20-2007, 08:08 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
full of hope

Hope it's a speedy recovery, Mike...and hey, you could do a lot worse than Dustin!
Old 12-20-2007, 08:34 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Ouch....it sounds painful! Just the thought of a surgery like that made my eyes water. Good vibes and gentle hugs coming your way! Take care of yourself!
Old 12-20-2007, 11:37 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Mike, offering up prayers for you and all your loved ones who will be caring for you. I've heard of sinus surgery (had it myself) but never heard of actually having one's sinuses removed. Take care, be well, and God bless. I'll be watching for updates on your condition.
Old 12-21-2007, 02:20 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Belgian Sheepdog Adictee

Mike:

Prayers and good thoughts winging their way to Las Vegas, from New Mexico.

I am sure you will get through this just fine. My sister had to have that done and her nose rebroke. Said she was sore the first week, but for the first time in 20 years she could now breathe through her nose. She has said if she had to do it over again she would.

Again prayers are winging their way to LV.

Love and hugs,
Old 12-21-2007, 05:13 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Prayers going out for a successful surgery and quick healing.
Old 12-21-2007, 06:45 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Thinking about you tonight, Mikey. Hope everything went well.
Old 12-22-2007, 06:53 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
cmc

Hi everybody,
I just got off the phone with Mike. He's doing great. His vitals were all normal and his heart is fine, but there were some problems with the surgery that required he be admitted to the hospital. Basically, the surgeon cut a bit too deep in one area and as a precaution ordered further tests and scans to make sure things were okay.
He just got home and his lovely lady said he made it up the flight of stairs to his place just fine. She's a sweetie just like Mike said she is.
I should get another update tomorrow on how the brocolli guy is healing up. I'll let you know if there is any more news.
Old 12-22-2007, 06:55 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

thinking about you too and hope it went well!!! healing prayers.

i had a "nose job" too after my car accident and the first two weeks are not fun at all, but it will get better and your nose will be great

here's to breathing again.
Old 12-22-2007, 07:50 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
When Pigs Fly

You are always in my prayers, I will send some extra ones up for LC and the rest of your helpful friends.
Old 12-22-2007, 08:36 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

What a blessing that he's home and doing fine.
Old 12-22-2007, 09:12 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Thanks for the update, CMC. That's great news!
Old 12-22-2007, 11:49 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Thanks for the update.
Old 12-23-2007, 10:27 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Progress Not Perfection

Mike,

I always get alot out of what you have to say on the board.

Hope you heal quickly.

Growing
Old 12-23-2007, 12:07 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
ICU

Great news! :bounce
Old 12-23-2007, 12:32 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Thumbs up Sinus Surgery.....

Hi Mike,

Don't know if you'll be up to reading posts but I have something funny to tell you...

I worked in a hospital as a Practical Nurse..I didn't have the L for Licensed because I took the class through the Employment Agency in 1965 and they didn't pay for the whole class....

Anyway a doc came from out of town to do sinus surgeries so they had a whole ward...six men all about 30 + and they were joking with each other and tried to tease me...one had a Playboy magazine .....I was married and 23 years old but they still got me!

Those days you always gave the patient a back rub before bedtime.. so I got to the second young man and he had a fur rug of hair on his back...I just put a little lotion but it just got bigger and bigger and wouldn't soak into the hair...the rest of the guys were laughing at me...I finally told them to treat me with some respect...they did better after that...better than if I had let them keep on.

Those were the days of being young...having a nice figure...and a nursing uniform on with a tan...not thaat way anymore though.

Hope your recovery is good...tell company to go if you get too tired...they can come back after you get more recovered.
kelsh
Old 12-24-2007, 12:48 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

MIKE, Hope you are doing well. Will be glad to have you back, hurry! See ya Thur!
Lv and Hugs