View Single Post
Old 12-18-2007, 07:20 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
indigo
Community Greeter

My son is bipolar self medicates with drink and coke and abuses his prescription meds, he only gave up weed because he's allergic to it,yes I know...go figure. He's overdosed on several occasions and I have nearly lost him on several occasions to his suicide attempts. He has terrorized my family, trashed my house and broken in through the roof. And yes he too can be 'price charming' when he needs to be. I know his life is hell, he's been that way since he first started drugs at 16, (to my knowledge) he's done rehab, you name it. I've loved him throughout his lying, stealing etc. now he is 31 years old and is still in the same mess. It's not OUR fault, sadly it's up to the addict themselves. I am trying to detach with love, although recently he's trying to contact me on a regular basis, he has a daughter nearly 4 years old and I've been to the courts about his behaviour, the tribunal is pending. Please take care of yourself and the rest of the family and try to make boundaries with him, I know it's not easy but our own sanity is worth it JMO Be safe