Thread: New Here
View Single Post
Old 12-16-2007, 05:18 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Lucie

Thanks I will def look into the Alanon/naranon meetings. My family could sure use it.
My sister is a roller coaster- completely hot and cold. I don't know if she's going to hug me or scream in my face. There was a lot of drama with her today and (as usual) I got myself involved- maybe not directly, per se, but I really let it consume me and I stayed with my family all day and worried about her. She was nice to me today and yesterday and I am such a sucker if she shows me the slightest bit of attention that isn't negative. The pattern lately has been her ignoring me for long periods of time and then asking for my friendship and help and inevitably sucking me emotionally dry. I don't know if this is her way of reaching out for REAL help and wanting a healthy relationship or if I'm just going to get sucked back into a dysfunctional funk with her again. Saying no to her is one of the hardest things for me to do. I don't know if I can have a relationship with an addict but I don't want to abandon her either. I've spent the whole weekend with my family. They've basically adapted their lives to work around her problems. As hard as they are trying I don't think this is helping her. I know that my parents are seeing a therapist a couple of times a week with her, and I shouldn't question the authority of this therapist, but I don't think changing everything to accommodate her behavior is going to help her in the long run.