View Single Post
Old 12-16-2007, 11:09 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
ccirider

Originally Posted by outonalimb View Post
I witnessed a really bigotted, discriminatory, and, IMO, hateful course of action taken by a religious leader in my community. I don't really want to go into specifics about what was done...but suffice it to say that the action was taken in the name of our faith. Our faith...or our 'religion' if you will...called for a loving, giving and faithful human being to be ejected from our spiritual family because of who he is...and not anything that he has done.
Since you have alluded to what you were talking about, I will comment. I can empathize (I didn't say sympathize) with the church. Are there not passages in the Bible that imply, if not explicitly, that God's will is for a man and woman to form a union and not members of the same sex?

Don't get me wrong. I am not taking their position. I am just saying that I understand why they are doing what they are doing. Now, if they were to excommunicate all Asians from the church because they were Asians, I would have a much more difficult time understanding that because I don't know where in the Bible it implies that all Asians should be expelled. I don't want to get into a religious debate here. I just wanted to say that, although I may not agree with them, I do understand them.

Peace.