View Single Post
Old 12-16-2007, 03:17 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  
mamaplus2kids

((((Daddy's Little Girl)))) I wish I could give you a big hug. Do what you feel is right. How he goes about solving his problem is his job. Just concentrate on yourself, your studies, your friends, your hobbies. What your mom does is also her problem. If she's not ready to let go, you can't force her. All I know about recovery is that 12-Step programs (AA) are the only truly successful programs, but one never knows. Have you tried reading "A Million Little Pieces". It's a book about an extreme addict, who wrote about his experience recovering from drugs, alcohol, you name it. He embellished some of the events, but the pain he felt comes across well. He does not embrace the traditional AA program (although he recovers in one at Hazelden), but feels a connection with Taoism. Interestingly, there's a lot in Tao meditations that echo the 12 steps (like letting go, etc...) It's nearly the same thing, but with another name. So,what I'm getting at... how am I to judge hynotherapy, as I know nothing about it?