Old 12-15-2007, 07:23 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
lggirl

No contact while in Rehab, but it's Christmas

Hi everyone, my abf went to rehab 2 months ago. This is a pretty strict place. Only a few short phone calls a week and only he can call out. Someone is also sitting next to him while he talks. About a month into the program he called and told me he couldn't have any contact with me and he wasn't sure when he would talk to me. He said he still loved me and wanted to be with me but needed to work on himself. My mind completely understands this but my heart is aching. Christmas is coming and I can't understand why he couldn't make a quick call on Christmas, don't addicts have any compassion? I talk to his parents and he still doesn't even ask about me!! Nothing! I've been going to Alanon and it helps but this really hurts. The angry and resentment I have is not getting any better. Anybody have any advice so I don't blow up when I finally talk to him?? It may not be until February!! We have been together for 3 years, mostly sober. How am I going to make it through the holidays?? Just walking through the mall brings me to tears!!