Thread: I NEED A Drink
View Single Post
Old 12-14-2007, 08:54 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
shugabooga

Originally Posted by tiburon88 View Post
I just needed to rant. My point is that sometimes I just don't think sobriety is worth it. I am told that I need to have gratitude and be thankful that I am sober. The truth is I am not. I attend 3 meetings a week and I am not even sure they help. I think they do though. I think it is pathetic if at the end of the day all I can say is, "well at least I'm sober." I expected more out of life. I don't relate to many in the "program" because I am not in denial over the fact that I am alcoholic. The sad part is that sometimes I don't care.
I hate being an alcoholic too. It's just not fair. I bartend, and I see people come in, have a few drinks, socialize & have fun, (or, have serious, productive business-related conversations!) go home, and get up for work the next day. Sure, some of them are alcoholics...but not all. And those aren't the ones I envy. Whatever, I digress....

What I really wanted to say, is what if at the end of the day, you were saying to yourself, 'well, at least i'm drunk!' and then the next morning you could say, 'well, at least i'm hungover!' would that be better?