View Single Post
Old 12-13-2007, 11:13 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Zanthos

Originally Posted by Telesius View Post
i just can't imagine a fully sober life.
You don't have to be able to imagine it right now. But if you have a true desire to stop drinking, go to an AA meeting. You will see many, many people made miserable by alcohol. They, too, couldn't imagine a fully sober life. But they learned, and so can you.

Just so you know, living this "fully sober life" is SO MUCH BETTER than any life I could have imagined. If you think the high from getting drunk is a blast, the feelings and benefits of living a physically, mentally, emotionally, and spiritually healthy life will blow you away!

All I wanted to do when I was drinking was get comfortable in my own skin for a little while and forget about my problems and uncomfortable feelings. Now I have that most of the time, and I get it without poisoning myself.

A truly sober life -- including emotional sobriety -- is the single best, most amazing, greatest, fantastic, incredible, wonderful, excellent, very cool thing that could happen to anyone. It takes time, work and patience, but if drinking is no longer an option for you (or you simply can't stand the way your life is anymore), then a whole new world is waiting for you.

Go to an AA meeting and ask people what they like about living sober. Then ask yourself if you want what they have.