View Single Post
Old 12-11-2007, 04:06 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Tazman53
Follow Directions!

I just think how my brain will recover after a month or two you know with my slurred speech, my clouded thinking and such... I just want the benefit.
Paulos do not expect over night miracles, your brain can take up to a year to fully recover, but it does get better every day, that is why it is so important to just take life as a whole one day at a time.

When we start setting goals for a month or 2 months and we do not reach that goal we tend to view our selfs as failures, this is not true, if we stayed sober that entire time we have not failed, we may not have gotten what we wanted, but we have not failed.

Paulos would you like to be a success every day?

It is simple, every day when you wake up make a decision to just not drink for that day, forget about tomorrow or a month from then, just focus on that day. When you go to bed that night if you have not had a drink then you are a success!!!! Keep doing this and before you know it the fog will have cleared, you will be feeling great physically, the only thing left to work on is the mental portion and that is the hardest thing to change.

The mental portion takes more time then anything else, but it does come the same way, by simply not taking a drink one day at a time and working on changing your self one day at a time.