View Single Post
Old 12-10-2007, 05:05 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Tazman53
Follow Directions!

football guy first thing you really should work on getting is a sponsor, I can tell you one thing that almost every sponsor and old timer out there will tell you. "Do not make any MAJOR changes in the first year of sobriety unless absolutely needed."

I can attest as I am sure many others with over a year sobriety can that the person I was at 1 month sober was not the person I was at 2 months, nor at 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, etc. In early sobriety my emotions were all over the place and those I thought I had loved when I was drinking sometimes I hated them and other times I could not live without them.

For me and many others it takes about a year of sobriety before we start to emotionally stabilize enough to where we can make major decisions about relationships.

We do change, we change for the better but in some cases our spouses may not like the change in us or we may not be able to put up with them any more.

Just keep in mind that your wife (if you were like me), put up with your sorry drunk butt for a lot of years, don't you think she deserves a year of you sober?