View Single Post
Old 12-09-2007, 07:56 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
greeteachday
Administrator

The boys have tried sooo hard not to like the cart....not as cool as a dirt bike or atv, you know.

When we first got the truck Kristen was at the age where it was so uncool to be caught in this big ole squeky thing....I think she was happy she was so tiny (all "5 foot-nothin" of her) people wouldn't see her riding with me (unless I made her bounce too high...you're so right, Helpus) But as she got older, the truck was so uncool it was cool, lol. And once she got her license, she drove it a few times...I even let her pull the trailer which thrilled her. She looked like such a little kid in such a big truck and had a hard time reaching the pedals.

Probably one of my fondest memories of that ole truck is one of the horse shows where Bruce Springsteen was there with his little girl. He had this big shiny brand spankin' new black king cab truck with a huge brand spankin' new 4 horse goose neck trailer and about 4 grooms...all for his little girl and her (probably million dollar) pony. I couldn't resist...there was a spot open right next to them, so I pulled in with my 82 GMC and 4th hand trailer and we unloaded our tailless horse. I thought it was neat though that he and his wife made the time to be there for their little girl...They were on the show circuit quite a bit and even came to the final award night dinner.

mjpaao, Red is in the Ossipee area...in the White Mountains. He's a horse with no tail (born without a dock) and usually they don't survive much past their first year, so he's not one people forget once they meet him. Here he is when she was first teaching him how to jump...you can't tell the no tail from this angle though....well you sorta can...if you look between his hind legs, you will see nothing is hanging.