Thread: forum rules?
View Single Post
Old 12-06-2007, 07:42 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
utopia

thank you for your honest and respectful response and expanding on your actions.

in regards to the link i am not here to argue or prove a point. my opinion is my own, that doesnt make it fact nor does anyones statements prove the "truth" but thats what i believe. i believe sexual abuse is far more common than people realise or are willing to realise. im not saying survivors become alcoholics. im not saying theres always a link, i definitely disrgard that there is no correlation between the disease of alcoholism and child abuse including sexual, even if the alcoholism is not being suffered by the abuser them selves as alcohlism effects not just the alcoholic but all of their friends and family too. thats why i was so concerned by what i understood was meant by the barring of free speech.

im just basing it on my experience and on studies ive read in periodicals etc. im not trying to outprove you. this is my experience and i recognise your opinion.

i dont think any online forum can help any of these issues completely, without recovery meetings and other resources there just is no recovery. peace.