View Single Post
Old 12-06-2007, 12:55 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
BigSis
On a tear

Mine is mixed news -

Daughter and son-in-law remain clean... though they both still display many using behaviors (the "all about me" syndrome, the short-sightedness and inability to delay gratification).

Son, on the other hand, is getting worse with his drug use (or being more honest about it - one or the other). Yet, his behavior is far more codependent, and therefore comforting (grin) to me. He has been through inpatient treatment one time and was in recovery for 18 months.... but made a concious choice to go back out.

What I know is that I love them both the same. I get scared for my son because I know this disease is progressive... but I am willing to do the "hands off the addict" thing, for now, anyway.

I also know I get scared for my daughter, because her addictive behavior is so difficult to deal with. And her husband has many of the same behaviors. Again, not my business to fix.

I suppose the next ones I will get to practice my Alanon skills on are these two:

They say kids keep us young, but I've aged decades. Heck - imagine if I'd never had kids..... actually..... I can't!